Working with Children and Young People CPD
£45.00 – £69.00
Supporting the mental health needs of children and young people in our area is becomingly increasingly important as more and more referrals for this age group come in to our services. We have therefore decided to run this CPD session to support professionals from all agencies and training providers who work with children and young people. Certificates will be provided for 5.5 hours of Continuous Professional Development.
This one day course will cover:
- Differences between working with CYP as opposed to adults
- Neuroscience of the child and adolescent brain
- Looking at the developmental stages of childhood
- How children and young people present differently to adults with similar issues
- Different ways of working with children and adolescents in therapy
- Legal and ethical issues
- BACP Competency Framework for working with Children and Young People.
Date: Saturday, 2 March, 2019
Time: 9.30 am – 4.00 pm
Location: Central Milton Keynes, venue TBC
Cost: For those professionals working in external agencies/training providers, the cost of the training will be £69.00 for the day, with refreshments. If you volunteer for Mind BLMK the cost will be reduced to £45 for the day. Please bring your own lunch.
You can book your place and make your payment below. Limited places are available. If you would like further information before booking your place, please contact Milton Keynes Wellbeing Centre on 01908 257830 or email us on [email protected].