Mind BLMK has lots of different volunteering roles that are essential for us to help as many people as we do – everything from helping with admin at HQ, to being a mentor and supporting someone in their community. We provide training and support, pay travel and expenses and we see our volunteers as an essential part of our workforce. Without our volunteers, we would really struggle.
Want to get involved?
Take a look at the options we have. If you see something you think would work for you, fill in the form and let’s get started!
Once we receive your application, we’ll arrange an informal meeting and discuss the role. If successful, you will receive a full induction, we’ll check your references and make sure that you have all you need to start the role.
Why volunteer with Mind BLMK?
- Training, support and access to ongoing development
- Volunteering is really good for your health, helps maintain wellbeing and makes you feel good
- By working with Mind BLMK, you can gain valuable experience, skills and knowledge
- To make a real change to people’s lives.
We are looking for Trustees to join our board who have an interest in improving mental health provision in the local communities of Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes.
The current vacancies which we require experience and strategic understanding in are: 1) Commissioning services for a local authority or Clinical Commissioning group; 2) Audit and risk management; or 3) Mental health clinical knowledge.
Along with these areas of expertise we are looking for:
- A commitment to the organisation;
- A wiliness to devote the necessary time and effort;
- Strategic vison;
- Good, independent judgement;
- An ability to think creatively;
- A wiliness to speak their mind;
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship;
- An ability to work effectively as a member of the team.
Drop in session Volunteer, Luton Wellbeing Centre
We are looking for a volunteer to support the Luton Wellbeing Centre team in the running of the regular drop in service. Please see the pack below for more information.
Central Advisory Group Member Opportunity
Volunteer Counsellors (with recognised qualifications) – Ongoing
To counsel clients who have been assessed with specific issues. To work in a brief therapy model of 8 sessions (BT training will be offered to successful applicants if required).
Volunteer Peer Support Worker MK
Support staff to facilitate peer support sessions and provide encouragement to service users to participate in the group that is taking place.
Volunteer Peer Mentors, Milton Keynes and Bedfordshire
To provide one to one support to clients experiencing mild to moderate mental health conditions who are focused on improving their wellbeing through effective goal setting.