Mind BLMK has lots of different volunteering roles that are essential for us to help as many people as we do – everything from helping with admin at HQ, to being a mentor and supporting someone in their community. We provide training and support, pay travel and expenses and we see our volunteers as an essential part of our workforce. Without our volunteers, we would really struggle.
Want to get involved?
Take a look at the options we have. If you see something you think would work for you, fill in the form and let’s get started!
Once we receive your application, we’ll arrange an informal meeting and discuss the role. If successful, you will receive a full induction, we’ll check your references and make sure that you have all you need to start the role.
Why volunteer with Mind BLMK?
- Training, support and access to ongoing development
- Volunteering is really good for your health, helps maintain wellbeing and makes you feel good
- By working with Mind BLMK, you can gain valuable experience, skills and knowledge
- To make a real change to people’s lives.
Volunteer Finance Trustee
We are looking for a Trustee to join our board who has an interest in improving mental health provision in the local communities of Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes.
The current vacancy which we require experience and strategic understanding is in Finance.
Along with this area of expertise we are looking for:
· A commitment to the organisation;
· A wiliness to devote the necessary time and effort;
· Strategic vison;
· Good, independent judgement;
· An ability to think creatively;
· A wiliness to speak their mind;
· An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship;
· An ability to work effectively as a member of the team.
We have a number of volunteering positions across Bedfordshire. Please complete and return the application form to find out about getting involved, at this exciting time, to help support people across the BLMK area.
Drop in session Volunteer, Luton Wellbeing Centre
We are looking for a volunteer to support the Luton Wellbeing Centre team in the running of the regular drop in service. Please see the pack below for more information.
Crisis Cafe Volunteer
We are currently looking for a team of volunteers to join our Crisis Cafe Service in 3 locations: Milton Keynes, Luton and Bedford. Our crisis service runs 7 days a week 5pm – 11pm and is a great opportunity to learn the intricate process of deescalating crisis and promoting recovery pathways for individuals.
If you think you’d be a good addition to our Crisis Cafe service, we’d really love to hear from you!
Central Advisory Group Member Opportunity
Volunteer Peer Support Worker MK
Support staff to facilitate peer support sessions and provide encouragement to service users to participate in the group that is taking place.
We are looking for volunteer mentors in in the following areas: Leighton Buzzard, Dunstable, Bedford, Biggleswade and Mid-Beds.