What is Mental Health First Aid Aware?
This half-day course is designed to give you:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of common mental health issues
- Ways to look after your own wellbeing, tools to pass onto others
- Confidence in supporting someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
What to expect
Through a mixture of presentations, group discussions and activities you will learn how to:
- Raise awareness and mental health literacy
- Boost your knowledge and confidence to support someone
- Promote early intervention to enable recovery.
Everyone who completes the course receives:
- An MHFA manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say they are Mental Health Aware.
Dates and times
Dates to be confirmed, or contact us to arrange a course for you.
For more information ring 0300 330 0635 or email [email protected]
Disclaimer: Mind BLMK will make every effort to run their training courses but reserve the right to cancel or change the dates of the above course should it be necessary to do so.