What is mental health?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and behave. It also helps control how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is significant at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
What is covered in the course?
- Basic awareness around mental health
- What is mental health – good and poor
- Risk factors for developing a mental health problem
- Signs and symptoms of common mental health difficulties
- Suicide – how to address it
- Having the confidence in how to support a person experiencing mental health problems
- What other support is available
- Tools and techniques which help
- Consideration of own wellbeing.
- This training can be delivered as a half-day or a full day course
- Participants attending the course will receive a certificate of attendance
- Courses can be tailored specifically to suit organisational need
- Courses can be delivered on your own premises or at a designated venue through Mind BLMK
Want to know more?
For more information ring 0300 330 0635 or email [email protected].org.uk