Become a Mental Health First Aider
Our two day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider. Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Everyone who completes the course gets an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever they need it, and a certificate to say they are a Mental Health First Aider.
This photo is from a recent 2 day Mental Health First Aid course held in Bedford, which received some very positive feedback from attendees. Here’s just one comment we received:
Thank you ever so much for running such a fantastic course last week, I will never forget it. Amazing!
Dates: 5 and 6 February, 2020
28 and 29, April 2020
If you would like to attend a future course or to book a course for us to provide bespoke MHFA training to your organisation, or if you would like more information, please contact us.
T: 0300 330 0635
Disclaimer: Mind BLMK will make every effort to run their training courses but reserve the right to cancel or change the dates of the above course should it be necessary to do so.