Become a Mental Health First Aider
Our two day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Everyone who attends the course will receive a copy of the MHFA manual and workbook, which are both excellent support resources. When you have completed the course, you will receive a certificate to confirm that you are a trained Mental Health First Aider
Thank you ever so much for running such a fantastic course last week, I will never forget it. Amazing!
How will I learn?
The Adult MHFA is spread over four virtual learning sessions.
There is pre and post home learning as part of the course. All resources will be sent direct to the address you provide. The sessions will be a mix of presentations, discussions, and group work activities. Our instructors provide a safe virtual learning environment and are trained to support you throughout the whole course.
- 08 Sept 2020 – 09.00am Live session 1 (1hour 45 mins); pre-course module 2 e-learning and reading (2 hours), 2.30pm Live session 2 (2 hours 20 mins)
- 09 Sept 2020 – Pre-course module 3 e-learning and reading (2 hours)
- 10 Sept 2020 – 09.00am Live session 3 (2 hours) followed by pre-course module 4 e-learning and reading (2 hours) 2.30pm Live session 4 (2 hours)
To book your space
If you would like to attend a future course or to book a course for us to provide bespoke MHFA training to your organisation, or if you would like more information, please contact us.
T: 0300 330 0635 (answer phone) / 07881 248 780 (direct dial)
Disclaimer: Mind BLMK will make every effort to run their training courses but reserve the right to cancel or change the dates of the above course should it be necessary to do so.