Mind BLMK works across Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes which together have a population of nearly 900,000 people. 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health difficulty each year. That is nearly 225,000 people in our area. We want to be able to help as many as possible. Mental health issues affect us all. Whether it is you, someone in your family, a friend or a colleague, the impact can be really hard to manage.
Mind BLMK is here to offer support when it is needed, in your local area. With Wellbeing Centres in Bedford, Leighton Buzzard, Luton and Milton Keynes and services that operate across the counties, we are at the heart of our communities.
Although affiliated to Mind nationally, we are an independent charity, responsible for raising our own funds so every penny you raise on our behalf allows us to continue the vital work we do to support people’s mental health and wellbeing. If you are planning to set up a Just Giving page for your event, please use this link. This will ensure that your funds will come directly to us. Alternatively, we also have a Virgin Money Giving account so if you prefer to go there, you can do so via this link.
Ways You Can Help
If you would like to get involved with fundraising for Mind BLMK, you can get in touch with us – we hold lots of events throughout the year, from information stands at events right through to running marathons and skydiving!
For many people, holding their own fundraising event is a great way of taking on a personal challenge, having fun and raising money for Mind BLMK. There are lots of ideas for what you could do and we are able to support you every step of the way. You can set up your own events, campaigns and fundraising pages via our Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving pages and this will make sure that all monies raised will come directly to us. Thank you for fundraising on our behalf. We really do appreciate it.
Easy Ways to Give
- We have recently signed up to Amazon Smile. When first visiting this link, you will be prompted to select a charitable organisation. Once you’ve selected Mind BLMK, Amazon will give 0.5% of the net purchase price (excluding VAT and other shipping fees) of eligible AmazonSmile purchases directly to us.
- Easyfundraising.org.uk is a great way to raise money for Mind BLMK just by shopping online. You don’t pay anything extra. To sign up, please click here.
- Payroll Giving is a simple, tax efficient scheme which allows employees to give money to the UK registered charity of their choice by having a deduction taken straight from their gross pay. To sign up to make a regular donation to Mind BLMK, please click here.
- We have also signed up to Charitable Bookings which means that for every restaurant booking you make, they will donate £1 for every diner to a charity of your choice at no extra cost to you. Please click here to find out more.
- In November 2016, the DHL Legal department and the chef, Michel Roux, held a fundraising ‘Big Dinner’ to raise money for Mind BLMK. Many other companies and organisations have chosen us as their nominated charity and put on similar fundraising events over the past year. Perhaps your company would be interested in doing something like this too?
- In March 2017, we went along to listen to a fantastic performance by the Big Hat Factory Community Choir in Luton. After a wonderful evening listening to a variety of pop, gospel and musical songs, we were delighted to receive a very generous donation to Mind BLMK to help us support the wellbeing of others.
- In April 2017, Bedford Town FC played their final match of the season and very kindly gave us a share of their takings from the gate and a raffle held on the day. Every donation like this helps to raise awareness of mental health and enables us to carry on supporting those who need it most.