Update: If you or someone you know needs urgent or crisis support with their mental health, we are here for you. Our Crisis Café operates 365 days of the year, seven days a week, between 5.00pm – 11.00pm. If you find yourself in crisis or need support with your mental health in the evening we are here to listen and help you in your time of need.
Mind BLMK are delighted to be working collaboratively with the East London Foundation Trust (ELFT) across Luton and Bedfordshire, and Central North West London Trust (CNWL) in Milton Keynes, to provide crisis services for individuals in need of mental health support.
Our Crisis Cafés are safe, non-judgemental spaces that you can come to if you find yourself in crisis or mental distress in the evenings. You will be met by a trained mental health worker who will listen and help you identify ways to address the problems you are facing.
Who are the Crisis Cafés for?
Adults (18+) who are experiencing severe mental distress or crisis.
What can you expect?
- A safe, calm and relaxed atmosphere
- A one-to-one session with a trained mental health worker
- Support to identify positive mental health coping strategies
- Advice and guidance about other support services available in your area
Do you need an appointment?
Each Crisis Café is now operating a drop-in service and an appointment is not required.
Milton Keynes also has a Crisis phone line, which can be contacted between 5.00pm – 11.00pm on: 01525 722 225.
Where are the Crisis Cafés based?
- Luton Crisis Café: Luton Wellbeing Centre, 46-56 Dumfries Street, Luton, LU1 5BP
- Bedford Crisis Café: Florence Ball House, Bedford Health Village, 3 Kimbolton Road, Bedford, MK40 2NX
- Milton Keynes Crisis Café: 226 Queensway, Fenny Stratford, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK2 2TE
- Houghton Regis Crisis Café: Townsend Court, Mayer Way, Houghton Regis, LU5 5BF
- Biggleswade Crisis Café: The Lawns Resource Centre, The Baulk, Biggleswade, SG18 0PT
What are the opening times?
Our Crisis Cafes are open seven days a week, 365 days of the year, between 5.00pm – 11.00pm, apart from Biggleswade which is open 5.30pm – 11.00pm. Please note that our Central Beds provision is split between Houghton Regis (Saturday to Wednesday) and Biggleswade (Thursday & Friday).
For Milton Keynes residents, we also operate a Crisis Recovery Service. More information about this service can be found on the following link here.
Questions about the service?
If you would like further information about our Crisis Cafés, please email us on: [email protected] or call us via: 0300 330 0648 (open 9am – 4:30pm). Please note that we cannot offer crisis support over the phone during these hours.
Download Mind BLMK leaflets and posters HERE.