Young Person’s Sanctuary Central Bedfordshire
Mind BLMK are delighted to be working collaboratively with CAMHS and East London Foundation Trust (ELFT) across Luton, Central Bedfordshire and Bedford, to provide crisis services for young adults in need of mental health support.
Our Young Person’s Sanctuaries are safe, non-judgemental drop-in’s that you can come to if you find yourself in crisis or mental distress in the evenings. You will be met by a trained mental health worker who will listen and help you identify ways to address the problems you are facing.
Who are the Young Person’s Sanctuaries for?
- Young people (14-17yrs) who are experiencing mental distress or crisis as well as those looking for a safe space to access some support. No one will ever be turned away.
- Young people are welcome to bring anyone from their support system.
- Young people do not need to be known to mental health services to attend. Young people can still attend even if they are currently receiving support from CAMHs.
What can you expect?
- A safe, non-judgemental, and relaxed space.
- A confidential one-to-one session with a trained mental health worker. During your first session, a youth mental health worker will explain the confidentiality policy to you. In the instance where we may need to share certain information with a third party pertaining to a potential risk, we will have a discussion with you first.
- Support to identify coping mechanisms and building emotional resilience.
- A step-by-step tailored guide on how to access support and keep safe.
Do you need an appointment?
Each Young Person Sanctuary is now operating a drop-in service and an appointment is not required.
Where are the Central Bedfordshire Young Person Sanctuary's based?
What are the opening times?
- Monday’s and Tuesday’s 4pm – 10pm; Houghton Regis
- Wednesday’s, Thursday’s and Friday’s 4pm – 10pm; Leighton Buzzard
- Saturday’s and Sunday’s 4pm – 10pm; Sandy
Young Person’s Sanctuary drop-in for Young Carers
Mind BLMK are working collaboratively with Central Bedfordshire Council to provide 2 hour drop-in sessions every month for any Young Carer’s to seek support.
- Every 3rd Monday of the month at Flitwick Football Centre, Unit 1 100 Ampthill Road, Bedford MK45 1BA, 4pm – 6pm
Like our Young Person’s Sanctuaries, you don’t need an appointment or a referral, simply turn up on the day.
Questions about the service?
If you would like further information about our Young Person’s Sanctuary, please email us on: [email protected] (contactable from 4pm).
Please note: This is for enquiries only as referrals are not necessary. Please also be advised that we cannot offer crisis support over the phone during these hours.
Download Mind BLMK leaflets and posters HERE.
Central Bedfordshire Young Person’s Sanctuary’s
This service has been funded by East London NHS Foundation Trust