We will be hosting our own fundraising event ‘Mental Elf’ on Sunday 10th December 2023 at Shuttleworth. There will be plenty of Christmas fun and things to do!
Mental Elf is a unique event which focuses on bringing people together, not only to fundraise, but to raise awareness of mental health and wellbeing. It promotes the benefits of physical activity, connecting with people and doing something to help others.
It’s an inclusive and non-competitive event, accessible and open to all ages and abilities, and of course, Christmas fancy dress is very much encouraged!
The fundraising event will take place at the beautiful Shuttleworth, with an exclusive route around the grounds. All proceeds will help fund our key mental health and wellbeing services in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes. Each entrant will receive a victory medal and other exclusive goodies.
Thank you to Lancashire Mind who created the original concept of Mental Elf.
Book your Mental Elf Festive 5k tickets HERE!
For more information and any questions about tickets please email [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help.
📍 Shuttleworth, Alder Drive, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, SG18 9DT
📅 Sunday 10th December
⌚ Registration at 10am, 5k starts at 11:30am and the rest of the day will be an opportunity to explore all the activities on offer
🚗 Free parking available for the day
What does a Mental Elf 5k Fun Run Ticket Include?
- A place in the Mental Elf 5k 2023 and victory medal
- FREE warm up session with a personal trainer
- Mental Elf 2023 goodie bag
- Access to the Mind BLMK Paddock with food/drink vendors
- Access to Shuttleworth House Christmas Market
- FREE access to the Shuttleworth Collection (usually £15.50 Adult Ticket)
- FREE access to Swiss Gardens (usually £15.50 Adult Ticket)
- Exclusive 10% off “Shuttleworth in Lights” Christmas display
🎅 Santa is going to be paying a visit to our Mental Elf Fundraising Event and we have slots available to meet him from 10:30am – 2:50pm 🎅
Each ticket includes;
- Time with Santa (5 mins per child e.g 2 children = 10 mins with Santa)
- Gift for every child
- Parents can take as many photos as they like
- More than one parent can go in with the child (please can all children be accompanied by an adult)
- £5 (+ booking fee) per child
Book your Grotto slot HERE. ]
Food and Drink
There will be a variety of food and drink available on the day from;
- Franki’s Apperitivo Bar; serving boozy hot chocolates, mulled wine, beer, and festive alcoholic/non-alcholic cocktails
- Jacks Smokeshack; serving fresh pizza’s from his pizza van
- Crumb de la Creme; serving delicious bakes goods such as brownies and cookies
- Cafe 2 U; serving hot drinks, snacks and more!
The Runaway Cafe at Shuttleworth will also be open with more food options!
Postponement and Cancellation
1. We reserve the right to postpone and/or cancel the Event in our absolute discretion due to factors such as (but not limited to) adverse weather conditions.
2. In this instance, we would firstly look to reschedule the Event as soon as possible to ensure that people’s dedicated fundraising and entry fees do not go to waste.
We have lots of fun opportunites to volunteer at this event. Whether it’s at the registration desk, cheering the runners along the route or helping out at the Christmas market – we’d love to hear from you.
To register your interest in volunteering please email [email protected]
We also have lots of different sponsorship packages which would enable your company branding to appear throughout the event. We are expecting a great turn out, plus the site is open for general visitors with previous Shuttleworth markets and Christmas lights seeing over 1000 visitors per day!
Download our Corporate Sponsorship pack below
For more information, please email [email protected].
Event Area Map
In collaboration with Safer Central Beds, we are proud to be hosting a ‘Wellbeing Area’ with other local organisations offering advice and information on support available locally.
- Age UK
- Healthwatch Central Beds
- The Recovery College
- Beds Fire (with a special visit at 12pm…)
- Safer Central
Find out more about our lovely sponsors HERE.