Throughout May, we are asking our supporters to carry an item of their choosing for a full 24hours, to represent the invisible burden that people with mental health difficulties carry every single day.
How to take part:
- Choose an item to carry for a full day! Perhaps you have a giant teddy bear? An orange teapot? An exercise ball? Perhaps a tin of beans?! Maybe it’s something that means something to you about your mental health. Feel free to get creative with this.
- Start the day with posting a selfie with your object online, stating “I’m Carrying the Burden to support Mind Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes because…” (example: I’m Carrying the Burden to support Mind Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes because I want to support other people like me who struggle with depression #CarrytheBurden)
- Share your updates throughout the day, using the hashtag #CarrytheBurden
- Finish your day with your final update, making a donation to Mind Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and nominate 3 friends to take on the challenge during October.
How we’ll support you:
- Carry the Burden logo for you to share on social or add to your fundraising page
- Mind BLMK branded t-shirt, when you raise £50 or more
- Share your fundraising page across our socials
How to get started and register today
- Register for FREE via the Register button on the left hand side of this page
- Set up your fundraising page and start fundraising today via Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving page.
For more information
If you have any questions or would like anymore information, please contact [email protected]